As we get ready to celebrate the New Year, why not take a look back at the top stories as voted by your clicks in 2012:
- The top honors go to Good Math: The arithmetic of Bill Clinton’s speech. I don’t think I have to explain why.
- And as much as people love former President Clinton, SCS readers seemed (almost) equally scared of the Brave New World of a Santorum Ultimatum: Nobody wants Ass-juice for president.
- In the wake of the Pussy Riot human rights violations in Russia, that girl Taylor Swift (you may have heard of her) released that one song and people kind of lost their minds and started talking about how punk rock it was. I had to set the record straight in The Riot Act.
- Then this happened: Sin City Rules: Introducing the faux ‘Real Housewives of Las Vegas.’
- When Paul Ryan went all Atlas Shrugged on everyone, I had to remind him, You’re doing it wrong. (Ex: Ayn Rand was pro-choice!)
- Debate night: A binder full of women. ‘Nuff said.
- It’s not surprising that the hotly contested election season offered many of the top posts of the year. But it wasn’t all national stuff, like this post on The Berkley Controversy: Tastes like red herring.
- While the Henderson District Public Libraries tax initiative sadly failed, I stand by this post — Save the Libraries — highlighting some of the best reasons to always vote for libraries.
- Remember when the Susan G. Komen Foundation broke from Planned Parenthood? Take a look back in Breaking with the Pact: How the Komen will divide and conquer us, if we let it.
- This Feminist Files highlighting the Awesome News of the Supreme Court’s Prop 8 decision, Karen Handel’s resignation from Komen, and how JC Penney stood up to One Million Moms by sticking to their guns in their choice of Ellen DeGeneres as a spokeswoman rounds out the top ten.
As always, I thank you for stopping by The Sin City Siren.
And I wish you a happy and safe New Year!