Let’s look at the news circulating on the eve of the next big Republican primary/caucus (PS: Don’t forget that Nevada is 5th in the line-up, so things are just getting started!) (PPS: Confused about what the difference is between a caucus and a primary… or want to get involved? Check out Planned Parenthood’s training session tomorrow night!:
- Want to sum up the GOP ticket in 2012? It’s a War on Women, stupid! (Meanwhile, only 13% of those who participated in the Iowa caucus said abortion was their top issue.)
- And, yes, it’s about the birth control, Mr.
Ass JuiceSantorum. Still think this isn’t his big issue? Here’s a handy chart of his Senate buzzwords. Guess which one is tops?
- PS: Mr.
Ass JuiceSantorum still hates gay people, too. Just in case you felt left out. And he was asked if he’d “abort a gay baby” (video), to no response. (But I sort of love the shocked female voice on the video, “Oh my God! Who would ask that?” Makes me wonder if she’s outraged because she’s upset about the thought of a “gay baby” or the idea of having an abortion.)
- Did you know that “America the Beautiful” was written by a progressive, feminist lesbian? Mitt Romney probably doesn’t either.
- Here in Nevada, there’s good news and bad news on the personhood initiative front. Good news? There are currently no petitions circulating to get on the ballot. The bad news? A “pro-life” one is coming.
- I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks the radical anti-abortion activists are terrorists. Because what other message could setting fire to an abortion clinic be sending besides, you know, terror?
- In a bizzaro news of the world: Brazil’s president uses special powers to enact a compulsory government registry for pregnant women.
- And in case you missed it: The FBI finally (finally!) updated it’s completely antiquated definition of rape. Hallelujah!
- But, is rape more common than smoking? That’s a scary, scary thought.
- Speaking of sexual violence, V-Day founder Eve Ensler wants to see a billion women strike against sexual violence.
One thought on “Primary Ticket: It’s a mad, mad, mad, vagina-hating world”
Pingback: Out with the old, in with the new « THE TIRED FEMINIST