Saturday’s rally against hate speech and jokes about rape was a success thanks to the hard work and quick response of a lot of great people in the community. We had a nice turnout of about three dozen people, including parents, activists, advocates for survivors of sexual violence, and members of the Northwest Community Church. I represented the Nevada Coalition Against Sexual Violence as a member of their board.
Here’s a video of the three moms (including myself) who spoke:
The story has been picked up by different media outlets, too:
- Brief overview of our call for a code of conduct (AP)
- Coverage in the Nevada Appeal
- TV coverage on Channel 13 (ABC)
- The Bleacher Report
- Eddie Goldman of No Holds Barred mentioned it on his podcast
- The press release got mentioned on this MMA blog
- We were interviewed with Loretta Hunt on KNPR on Nov. 15
**UPDATE: I was quoted on SI.com regarding a new rash of comments made by Miguel Torres and Rashad Evans.