If you haven’t been reading my other blog, The Tired Feminist, you might have missed the 6-part Exploring Feminist Motherhood series. Trust me, it has a lot less to do with Diaper Genies and a lot more to do with feminist discussions that came up during The Sin City Siren Book Club, where we discussed Amy Richards’ book Opting In: Having a Child Without Losing Yourself.
Here’s what you might have missed:
- Exploring Feminist Motherhood: A look at the tension between feminism and motherhood.
- The Childbirth Minefield: The “myth” of birth plans and an honest look at what can really happen in the labor room.
- Tick Tock: The truth about the biological clock and how we look at fertility differently depending on race.
- Prochoice Mama: The public relations problem that feminism has regarding the prochoice movement. Why being prochoice and being a mother are not mutually exclusive.
- Flashbacks: How the experience of childbirth can be set off emotional triggers for survivors of sexual violence.
- The Color of Money: How pay equity could change everything and lead to happier, healthier and possibly safer communities. Not to mention it could lead to less stay-at-home moms and more stay-at-home dads.
Please check out this series!
And don’t forget, you can follow The Siren on facebook and twitter!
4 thoughts on “From The Tired Feminist: Exploring Feminist Motherhood Series”
Pingback: The revolution will not be televised: Ruminations on #femfuture and what it all means | The Sin City Siren
Pingback: The revolution will not be televised: Ruminations on #femfuture and what it all means | Fem2pt0
Pingback: Celebrating 6 years as The Sin City Siren | The Sin City Siren
Pingback: These Precious Things | The Sin City Siren