Happy second day of the Nevada legislative session. Have you contacted your representatives yet?
- First Friday … It’s not just for art anymore. Join Planned Parenthood’s activist crew as they fan out over First Friday to distribute condoms and talk sex. Meet up at the Charleston clinic at 6 p.m.
- This week is National Teen Dating Violence Awareness Week: 62% of tweens who’ve been in a relationship have been called names by their significant other; one-in-five (or 20%) of those ages 13-14 have been struck by their boy/girlfriend. RAINN‘s national hotline is there for those who’ve been victims of sexual assault.
- National Condom Week is (conveniently) next week. Help Planned Parenthood do outreach at local bars on Feb. 13. Contact: Annette.email@example.com or at 702-878-3622 x203 for me details! RSVP Required.
- UNLV’s Jean Nidetch Women’s Center is sponsoring a free rape defense training class on Feb. 9, 5:30-9:30 p.m. Very few spots, so call the center to RSVP: 702-895-4475
- The women’s center is also hosting the documentary No! The Rape Documentary: Rape in the African-American Community on Feb. 10 from 6-9 p.m. at the UNLV student union room205.