- Just in time for Earth Day, a report from the National Academy of Sciences has concluded that exposure to smog and ozone definitely lead to premature death, putting weight behind the case for lowering air pollution.
- In wackadoo Earth Day/Equal Pay Day nonsense (a two-fer!): Being a feminist hurts the environment because equal pay means equal commuting.
- An 8th hepatitis case has been found stemming from the Endoscopy Center of Southern Nevada.
- Home sales are spiraling, but we’re not in a recession.
- Don’t kill the kitties! Authorities want to remove a colony of feral cats behind the Clark County School District building. But where will they go? And are they really hurting anything?
- The National Day of Silence is coming up on April 25. This year’s event is in honor of Lawrence King, a California 8th grader who was shot and killed by a classmate in February. The Gay and Lesbian Center of Southern Nevada (953 E. Sahara) is hosting a candlelight vigil at 6:30 p.m.
- Speaking of The Center, the 5th annual Pride Art Show is this Saturday from 6-9 p.m.
- MoveOn.org has scheduled a press conference on April 24 at the Federal Building (downtown on Las Vegas Blvd.). The 11:30 a.m. event is to unveil a new poll showing America’s feelings about the money being wasted on the Iraq War. The group is encouraging folks to turn out to show the media that this is an important issue.