It’s an assortment of goodies today (in no particular order, as usual) …
- Debate Fever: The Nevada Conservation League is urging folks to show up for the MSNBC presidential debates tomorrow (Jan. 15) at the Cashman Center, 850 LV Blvd. The NCL’s push, called Heat is On, is to make global warming an important aspect of all presidential candidate’s campaigns. NCL is organizing volunteers at 2 p.m., before the debate, and will give folks red Heat is On t-shirts.
- Caucus Fever Part 1: Planned Parenthood is looking for a few good volunteers to flood the Nevada caucus on Saturday with their awesome pro-woman, pro-reproductive-rights agenda. Click here to be a part of it.
- Caucus Fever Part 2: Want to pre-game for the caucus? Then how about The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada’s pre-caucus event on Jan. 18? Sponsored by the Stonewall Democrats of Southern Nevada, the Women’s Empowerment Network, The Center and other orgs, the rally is scheduled from 5-7 p.m. on Jan. 18 at the Clark Co. Gov’t Center, 500 S. Central Parkway. Assemblyman David Parks and Commissioner Chris Giunchigliani are featured speakers.
- Caucus Fever Part 3: Still feeling clueless about the Nevada caucus? Nevada NOW has you covered with some helpful info. It’s a PDF, so here’s the link: http://www.nevadanow.org/newsletters/NevadaNOWNewsletterWinter08.pdf.
- Speaking of Planned Parenthood, why not kick off the reproductive rights fun before the caucus at the 35th anniversary of Roe v Wade rally? It’s at the UNLV Student Union starting at 1 p.m. on Jan. 19. There’s promise of refreshments. RSVP here.
- If the presidential election were decided on the sheer volume of e-mails candidates send to the press, Sen. Hillary Clinton would win for the Dems — no contest. Anymore, I shudder to open my e-mail inbox to see how many e-mails her staff has flooded me with today. Do I really need in excess of 5 e-mails a day? By contrast, Obama’s camp has sent me something like 5 e-mails over the past week. Here’s a tip: Excess ain’t a measure of success. I’m just sayin’.
- If businessy, newsy nuggets about the gambling industry is your thing, check out my colleague David McKee’s new blog thingy.