For some reason my “reblog” button wouldn’t work today, so this is from Sisters of Resistance:
A quick roundup of all the sexist shit that’s been reported around the web recently. If you have things to add, leave them in the comments below.
Trigger warnings for statistics and/or descriptions of rape, violence against women, photos of the Nigella-Saatchi incident, and Action Bronson’s disgusting EP cover.
- Steubenville whistleblower could do more time in prison than Steubenville rapists [Daily Kos] Sign a petition supporting him here.
- Stuart Hall sentenced to less time in prison than people who took water bottles during the UK riots [Guardian. title ours.] http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jun/17/stuart-hall-jailed-indecent-assault-girls
- Daily Mail and The Guardian repeat Charles Saatchi’s lie that choking Nigella Lawson in public was “a playful tiff”: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2342922/Nigella-Lawson-Charles-Saatchi-says-row-playful-tiff-held-throat-emphasise-point.html || http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jun/17/charles-saatchi-nigella-lawson-playful-tiff
- New interviews reveal mass rapes in Congolese conflicts ordered by commanding officers [MSN.com. title ours.]: http://news.msn.com/world/when-we-rape-we-feel-free-congo-soldiers-shocking-stories
- Awesome founder of @EverydaySexism project Laura Bates shares shocking stats on UK violence against women and why we need to teach children about healthy relationships: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/laura-bates/teaching-our-children-about-healthy-relationships_b_3408072.html?utm_hp_ref=tw
- ‘Blurred Lines,’ Robin Thicke’s Summer Anthem, Is Kind of Rapey [by Tricia Romano, The Daily Beast]
Underground rapper Action Bronson releases new EP with racist/sexist cover image [no one in the blogosphere seems to have critiqued this yet. we plan to.]