I’ve been thinking about this for some time but I’ve been waffling. Fuck it! I’m starting a book club! Or, at least, I hope I’m starting a book club. It sort of depends on you, Sirens.
Here’s my 3-step plan: Vote on a book once every month or two (hey, Sirens are busy people!). Read it by a pre-determined deadline. Meet for coffee and discuss. (I’m also envisioning some sort of live-tweeting-type aspect for book clubbers outside Las Vegas or who can’t come.) I’m sure there’ll be some blogging in there, too.
So what do you say, Sirens? You in?
Here’s the selections I’m considering for the inaugural book (you can vote in the box below). Admittedly, they skew to my taste and are books I own, which factored in to my selection process:
- Opting In: Having a Child Without Losing Yourself by Amy Richards (of Feminist.com)
- Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin
- Pink Think: Becoming a Woman in Many Uneasy Lessons by Lynn Peril
- Fifth Avenue, 5 a.m.: Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, and The Dawn of the Modern Woman by Sam Wasson
- Helping Me Help Myself: One Skeptic, Ten Self-Help Gurus, and a Year on the Brink of the Comfort Zone by Beth Lisick
5 thoughts on “The Sin City Siren Book Club”
Even though I’m not in Vegas anymore, you could maybe do some Skype video call thing for us out-of-towners. 🙂 My netbook has a webcam and Skype pre-installed.
I voted for the Kathy Griffin book because I just read it. LOL.
Book club is an awesome idea. See it through, Emmily!
I’m in! Great idea!
Pingback: I want to be second banana | The Sin City Siren
Pingback: Book Review: The D-List Memoir | The Sin City Siren
Pingback: Cake or Peesh | The Sin City Siren