It’s too (suddenly) hot to think deep thoughts, so here’s a round-up of what has caught my eye:
- New push for expedited solar power plants in NV announced today. This makes me happy.
- I could write another post on disgraced Republican Senator John Ensign, but it seems more efficient to let the Gleaner do it.
- Again, I could write about the nexus of hypocrisy from Ensign and fellow disgraced Republican, Governor Mark Sanford, but Tracy‘s got it covered.
- The 40th anniversary of the Stonewall riots. It’s today, people.
- This whole parenthood/babies obsession is not healthy and not natural.
- It’s official: The AMA has endorsed comprehensive sex education (of which abstinence is only a part), as the best model to teach kids how to be disease-free and avoid unwanted pregnancies.
- More misogynistic ad fun: blow job edition.
- Speaking of fast-food and inappropriateness … how did I miss Missouri’s governor telling poor, hungry families to just go to McDonalds? (And props, again, to Tracy for breaking it down.)