- No deal, yet, on the education budget up at the Legislature. Word is the slash-and-burn might be less than Gov. Gibbons’ insane 36% (maybe 12-13 percent), but I won’t wait to breathe. Although, it appears that Govtard is flippity flopping on a proposed lottery for ed funds.
- Nevada’s mining companies are jerks. Seeing as they are so good at digging holes, perhaps Big Mining could help Nevada out of this big budget hole by paying their fair share of taxes. Oh wait, they’re jerks. I forgot.
- THIS JUST IN: Nevada’s Congressional Delegation announced legislation for the Renewable Energy Permitting Act today. If passed, it would direct a portion of federal green energy projects funds to Nevada and its counties to develop such projects.
- This week is National Women’s Health Week. Celebrate it by attending Planned Parenthood’s Girls’ Night Out, May 13 at 6 p.m. at their offices on Charleston Blvd. RSVP here.
- A live production of “The Facts of Life: The Lost Episode” is slated at the Onyx Theatre through May 30. Shows on May 14 through 16 will give 10% of proceeds to The Center.