I’ve been sick as a dog, but my oh my there’s news, news everywhere you look:
- I missed the Obama fun yesterday but you can read all about it on the local campaign blog. But there’s still lots of canvassing and fun stuff to do. Including a house party on Sunday sponsored by MoveOn.org.
- UNLV’s 15th annual Take Back the Night event (Oct. 2 — also my birthday!), is putting out the call for art and entertainment. If you are up to the task, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Art entries are due by Sept. 19 at 5 p.m.
- The Gay and Lesbian Center of Southern Nevada has announced the honorees for the 14th annual Honorarium at the Gold Coast hotel-casino on Nov. 1 Among the honorees are Cynthia Hall, Peter O’Neill, Mya Lake Reyes and Chris Saldana.
- And there are a lot of local NOW events coming up: Sunday is the judicial forum at the Clark County Library, Sept. 27 is the Violence Against Women Act forum at UNLV and Sat. Oct. 11 NOW PAC will be canvassing for Dina Titus, Allison Copening and Andrew Martin.
- The unstable business world yields surprises: Is the “Walmart Era” of dominance coming to an end? Let’s hope so.