- Planned Parenthood of Southern Nevada is hoping to continue the momentum of the nascent activist group formed last month. The monthly meetings are the first Wednesday of each month (hey – that’s tomorrow) from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the organization’s headquarters, 3220 W. Charleston. Topics on the agenda are the Affordable Birth Control campaign, EC Night Out on March 15 and the Live Action Camp on April 5.
- If you’re the type who’s interested in getting to know more about the political process (perhaps enter the fray yourself?) then the Henderson Chamber of Commerce sponsored PoliticalForum08 on March 10 might be something up your alley. It’s $35 and there’s lunch, etc.
- Are you gay or lesbian and interested in giving your opinion on health care issues? Or maybe you’re willing to help out a graduate student who’s looking for such data? Here’s your chance.
- Speaking of health, the Environmental Working Group has a great little site that helps you determine What Not to Buy in cosmetics. (mercury, lead, animal parts — so not sexy)
- And in upsetting health/environmental news, a University of Cincinnati study about reusable plastic bottles (like Nalgene) shows they leach bisphenol A, an endocrine disruptor. The same type of plastic is also found to line the inside of most canned food. Shit! You know, it’s times like these that it feels impossible to get it right. If you use regular bottled water, you’re destroying the earth. If you use a reusable plastic bottle, you’re destroying your freaking body. Fuck!