Check it out:
- Erin Davies, owner of the Fag Bug (who will be in town tomorrow and Friday!! see previous posts) will be interviewed for a segment on KNPR that will air Friday, July 27 from 10-11 a.m. * Also want to thank local media such as QVegas, CityLife (out tomorrow) and the View Newspapers (out soon) for their coverage of Erin’s local activities!
- The Hillary Clinton presidential campaign has announced a Nevada Women’s Leadership Council. Among the esteemed list of members is Nevada NOW president Jessica Brown, Frankie Sue Del Papa, Gwen Migita and Dina Titus.
- In case you missed it, Nevada Conservation League’s Kyle Davis, the policy director for the organization, was on KNPR’s State of Nevada this morning discussing global warming. (And with the heat we’ve had this summer, everyone’s got to be a believer now!) You can still listen to to it online here.
- Speaking of the environment, the Nevada Conservation League is encouraging everyone to contact your representatives in the House (that’s Reps. Shelley Berkley, John Porter and Dean Heller), to urge them to vote in favor of the Markey-Platts fuel efficiency and the Tom Udall-Platts renewable electricity amendments to the energy bill. These amendments could require greater fuel efficiency in cars and the use of more renewable forms of energy for power use, both of which can save the earth, save you money in the long run and lessen our dependence on foreign oil.
- And, because I was a poor kid and I like to help out the families who might be struggling … in case you didn’t know about it, the Clark County School District summer food program is under way. At more than 40 school sites around the valley kids can get nutritious meals for free through the federal assistance program. Go here for more info.