This looks like a cool event (full disclosure, I’m biased as a member of the Nevada Women’s Lobby advisory committee):
Economic Recovery:What Women Need to Know
Sponsored by Nevada Women’s Lobby under a contract with the U.S. Department of Labor, Women Bureau, Region 9Please join us to learn about opportunities made available to Nevada women by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009. ARRA allocated $2.2 billion to Nevada for recovery and reinvestment efforts, including these area:Free Half-day conference includes:
- Job training, rehabilitation and apprenticeship opportunities for adults, youth and people with disabilities
- Extended unemployment benefits and extended COBRA health insurance coverage and premium assistance
- Housing assistance, including assistance for first-time homebuyers and support for neighborhood stabilization and homelessness prevention.
- Weatherization programs to help low income families and seniors reduce energy bills by making their homes more energy- efficient
- Social services assistance-child care, child support enforcement, SNAP (food stamps) and more
- Domestic violence prevention and outreach
- Helping fund small business start-up and growth
Speakers will included representatives from state agencies, community organizations, elected officials and others who are directly involved with stimulus funding in our state.Space is limited and registration will close when capacity is reached. If this occurs, you may request to be placed on a waiting list.
If you require assistance or need additional information, please call (702) 948-4393When: SaturdayNovember 7, 20099:00am-12:30pmDoors open at 8amWhere:SEIU Nevada3785 East Sunset RdLas Vegas, NV 89120Cost: Free, but space is limited so register earlyWho can attend?event open to anyone, but is targeted towards womenRegister online or by phone (online registration is preferred):