Passing this on from my friends at the Women’s Research Institute of Nevada:
MARK YOUR CALENDARS…
On March 7, 2013, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., please join the UNLV Office of Diversity Initiatives as it marks Women’s History Month with a forum discussion moderated by Dr. Marya Shegog, Director of Health Programs, The Lincy Institute. The discussion will be on healthcare issues and concerns facing Southern Nevada women.
6:30 – 7:00 p.m. Welcome Reception
7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Panel Discussion
8:00 – 9:00 p.m. Q&A from the Audience
· Ms. Hydeia Broadbent, International HIV/AIDS Activist
· Ms. Christina Hernandez, Director, UNLV Jean Nidetch Women’s Center
· Dr. Jillian Inouye, Associate Dean for Research, UNLV School of Nursing
· Dr. Florence Jameson, Founder & CEO, Volunteers in Medicine Southern Nevada
· Ms. Stacey Youngblood, ReNewing Life Center
This event will take place in the Greenspun Hall Auditorium on the UNLV campus. Admission is free and open to the public.
DIVERSITY LEADERSHIP FORUM SERIES
The Diversity Leadership Forum is a series of Town & Gown panel discussions designed to provide a public forum for the UNLV collegiate and greater Las Vegas communities to come together to speak on issues of shared concerns and importance. Held in conjunction with the cultural and historical month recognitions, this Series will provide opportunities for future collaborations within and among our diverse communities.
This event is hosted by the Pearls of Henderson of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.